Alleppey is located in Alappuzha District of Kerala in southern India. It is accessible by air, rail, road and water.
By Road –
- Nearest City – Alleppey
- Route from City: By car – Beach Road, Near Sea Bridge.
- By Bus – The KSRTC Bus Stand, Alappuzha, Kerala, India is about 3.6 km away from the Panoramic Sea Resort which takes 10 mins by Auto/Tuktuk. The nearest bus top for Panoramic Sea Resort is Pichu Ayyar.
By Rail –
- Nearest Railway Station : Alappuzha Railway Station, Alappuzha, Kerala, India – 1.3 km, 5 mins by auto/tuktuk, by Alappuzha-Thaneermukkom Road/SH 40
By Air –
- Nearest Airports : Kochi International Airport, Nedumbassery, – 92 km, 2 hour 15 mins by NH 47
- Trivandrum International Airport, Vallakkadavu, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India – 180 km, 4 hours 40 mins by NH 47.
* Panoramic Sea Resort, Alleppey provides pick-up and drop service to/from the airport to our valued customers.
By Water –
The presence of a lot of backwaters and canals makes water transport a popular means of transport. National Waterway-3 passes through Alappuzha. There is an SWTD boat jetty in the city that lies opposite to the KSRTC bus stand. It is served by regular boat services to major towns like Kottayam and Kollam besides to other small towns and jetties. Taking an SWTD boat is a cheaper alternative to houseboats for enjoying the scenic beauty of Alappuzha.
Beautiful landscape, temples, monuments, churches, rivers, canals and backwaters of Alleppey make it a popular tourist place worth visiting by the local as well as international tourists.
- Ravi Karunakaran Museum
- Mullakkal Rajeswari Temple
- Arthunkal Church
- Ambalapuzha Temple
- Mannarshala Nag Temple
- Krishnapuram Palace